Menu
HV
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

For the last 3 to 4 weeks everytime I try to watch Netflix on my TV Box , it works for a short 15-20minutes or less at times and than I get an error message - 'sorry we are not able to display this title at the moment try again later or select a different title' I have same issue whilst trying to watch on demand.

There is no outage at present in my area - how can this  be resolved?

Please advice.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

Are you using a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here ?

It's possible your box has a problem with its internet connection by the sounds,the advice beyond that differs between the TiVo & the V6

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HV
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It’s a TiVo...

There is no network issue , I ran the test and there maybe an issue with the Box . That was the diagnosis not sure how accurate that is .

i tried calling but the wait was too long ,so I was looking at other possible causes or solutions. 

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

TiVo boxes often have 2 issues that affect streaming apps in general..

1: It's an old box running old hardware, there's no getting around that. A V6 box (if you have VM broadband) is the answer.

2: The inbuilt internet connection fails, rendering the box offline. On the front-left of the TiVo are a series of green lights, second-from-left is the "online" light. If this ever flashes, the internal modem is offline. That's a fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HV
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler

You are amazing, the green light flashes/flickers and after a short while stabilises . 

Ok so I need a new box , hopefully I get before Xmas . 

Thank you . 

0 Kudos