Menu
Normandale0804
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Netflix not working

• VWhen I I try to go into Netflix, it looks like it’s about to come on,then switches itself off. I can’t get in touch with Virgin because they are only taking urgent enquires, can anyone help? 
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix not working

Hi Normandale0804,

The advice in the pinned post by Kev_B may help <<< Here >>> 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Which TV box do you have, is it a TiVo or a V6, you've not said? https://my.virginmedia.com/your-tv-box/index.html 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Normandale0804
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi it’s a V6

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In which case the advice from newapollo to check Kev's pinned post is spot on, has that helped at all?

A few other things you can try, by means of elimination:

1: Can you watch non-BBC OnDemand programmes ok - try ITV CatchUp for example. Does this work?

2: Can you load the BBC iPlayer and watch a programme?

Are you watching on a 4K UHD TV?

0 Kudos
Normandale0804
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your answer. I’ve checked and everything you said is working. I’m a bit confused as to what I need to do with the advice from Kevin, could you give me a step by step 😂

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you watching on a 4K UHD TV?

If yes, try following the advice on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604 

If this doesn't work, then please restart your box with the new output settings, and if that fails - post back with the exact make & model of your TV

0 Kudos
Normandale0804
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It’s a Jvc tv, quite old

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I suspect you've not followed the instructions to change your output resolution, there's a very good chance that a "quite old" (you've not said what "quite old" actually means, but I'd take it to mean >5 years) TV will struggle with OnDemand in 4K since the last major V6 update.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output. Ensure 1080 & 720 are selected. Now restart your V6 box.

If this fails, please post the exact model number of your TV, as there could be something specific to this set that's causing issues.

0 Kudos