Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix issue

Netflix App isn’t loading it works on my other box but, not in my back room. Amazon app loads not problem. I have re-booted box and modem still hanging?

NETFLIX works on other devices so it’s not a NETFLIX ISSUE 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix issue

Error code is below which indicates a WiFi network issue. It’s fine on other devices so it must be hardware? I will delete the app and reinstall to see if it fixes the issue. 

Netflix Error NW-2-5

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jimbobbrown,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry this post hasn't been answered sooner, and that you've been having issues with your Netflix application on the set top box in the back room of your property. 

Have you managed to get this resolved or is it still on going?

Drop us a response and either I, or one of my colleagues will be happy to pick it up for you

Kindest regards, David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi, this method had helped me 🙂

If you're connecting through a wireless router that's connected to your modem and still can't connect after restarting your network, try bypassing the router. This will help identify what's causing the problem by eliminating the router or wireless connectivity problems as a possible cause.

1. Turn off your device.

2. Plug your device directly into your modem using an Ethernet cable.

3. Unplug your modem from power for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in and wait until no new indicator lights are blinking on.

4. Turn on your device and attempt to stream again.

If this step gets you streaming again:

• If you've bypassed your router and successfully connected to Netflix directly through your modem, it's likely that the router itself is the source of the problem.

• Bypassing the router will allow you to stream for now, but if this configuration isn't a perfect solution, you may want to contact whoever set up your home network for help resetting or re-configuring your router settings.

If you're still not able to stream:

• If you're connected directly to your modem and still can't stream Netflix, you may want to check with your equipment provider to make sure your modem and internet service are functioning as intended.​

If you were unable to complete this step:

• We strongly recommend attempting to connect your device directly to your modem if you can -- it will allow you to absolutely rule out your wireless router as the cause of any network connection issues. However, if there's no way for you to directly connect your device to your modem, continue troubleshooting below.

If still have issue with NW-2-5 read more fix methods on this guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks mate, it’s sorted now 

0 Kudos