Menu
Jeepster58
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix freezes

My netflix freezes half way through a programme. Contacted virgin,switch on switch off etc.....was ok for a week,now does it every other day.Frustrated. And can’t get through on phone. Help !?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix freezes

Are you using a TiVo or a V6? Check here if you're not sure.

Can you watch OnDemand programmes ok? Try watching something from non-BBC CatchUp if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jeepster58
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It’s TiVo. And bbc iplayer has done it too.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi this will be a combination of the ancient Tivo box and the Internet signal level in the tivo, what is the 2nd light from the left on the front of the box showing. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The TiVo is fundamentally an old box and does struggle to run the streaming apps, there's no getting around that. Many issues are often caused by the onboard internet connection dropping, meaning the box has no way of going online. You can easily check this by watching for flashing green lights on the front of the box, the second-from-left (with a heartbeat symbol) represents your box's internet connection - on is good, flashing is bad.

If you're using streaming apps a lot, and also have VM broadband, I would strongly recommend looking at your whole TV package with a view to swapping your TiVo for the newer V6 box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jeepster58
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for advice. I’ve now got a new tv,and Netflix is ok 

0 Kudos