Menu
Sarah_E
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Netflix cutting out every few minutes

Hi, 

We've been putting up with Netflix cutting out for a long time now. We'll then have a good streak and so will forget about looking into it! The problem has occurred every evening for the past couple of weeks. Netflix is accessed via the app on the Tivo set top box (>6yr old). Getting thrown out is accompanied by a flashing green light on the Tivo box and sometimes, though not every time, normal TV is also temporarily down when we return to it. After a few minutes the green light goes solid again and we repeat the above. We regularly resort to rebooting the box but this is a slow and impractical solution to be performing regularly, as is resorting to watching via laptop/broadband (although there is no issue with connection, speed etc.).

Any help or advice much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix cutting out every few minutes

If the "Online" light on your TiVo is flashing, that's a fault.

I'd call VM faults and report it. 150 from your VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service".

If you're using streaming apps such as Netflix a lot, and also have VM broadband, you could do a lot worse than see if you can get your box swapped to a V6 which is just so much better. Either asking faults nicely, or being willing to renegotiate your bundle in exchange for a new 12/18month contract.

A replacement TiVo shouldn't be an issue in any case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sarah_E
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix cutting out every few minutes

Hi japitts

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. You've given me the nudge I needed to get on the case and see if we can get a V6 or a Tivo replacement as you suggest.

Cheers

Sarah

0 Kudos