Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix crashing after 15 minutes

Seems to be a common problem lately, but whenever I watch any programme on Netflix it always crashes 15 minutes in and states title not available at present. Then when watching normal virgin media the box will crash about 5 mins later with error code. Happens every time I watch Netflix with my TiVo box but never when I watch on any other devices. Have checked speed etc. Seems to be an issue with hardware. Any advice please ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix crashing after 15 minutes

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician a few tips I can give you are make sure all the connections are tight from the back of the tv box to the isolater also turn the box from the back for about 30seconds to clear any faults
If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi TractorDan,

Which model TiVo do you have?
If it is a Samsung/Cisco model then these have internal hardrives which communicate with our servers/network. This makes them particularly hard working when it comes to using Netflix and some other on demand platforms. They are known to have issues, especially if you have had your set top box for quite some time.

Could this be the issue?

Thanks,
Steve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, yes I do have the samsung model box and have had this for some time. I have always assumed this to be the issue. How do I go about replacing this ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi TractorDan,

Please hover over my logo and send me a private message with your account number and area reference and I will look into that for you.

Thanks,
Steve
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, Have PMd you with my details.

0 Kudos