Menu
PompeyJohnW
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Need new Internal Wall Socket for tv

Builders have managed to lose my internal TV wall socket. I simply need to order/get a new one.

Can't get through on phone and the website section that says I can message by pressing button, doesn't have said button. In fact, it seems impossible to do anything via the website even though I keep seeing the message about shortage of call centre staff. 

Any Virgin media staff on here that can help? Maybe an engineer could drop one round, I can do the rest. It's for my V6 box in ground floor living room.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need new Internal Wall Socket for tv

VM techs don’t just drop these things off. Having them fitted incorrectly affects the integrity of the entire local network as everything works off radio frequency.

I would call it in as a fault & just hope you don’t get charged for it. If it’s treated as customer damage you could be looking at a bill for £100.

Pop a text to 0753 305 1809 & they should call you back.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
PompeyJohnW
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply. This box literally just screws into wall/skirting and simply needs the cables reconnected. I wouldn't be doing anything other than plugging their equipment in and as they always recommend doing that in fault finding I fail to see an issue. 

If it comes to it I'll buy one on eBay, its a part worth just a few quid.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The wall socket also included a safety isolator. This is essential kit to avoid surge damage to your own equipment as well as Virgins.

You buy non standard equipment at your own risk, as you will be held responsible for any interference to Virgins network.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
PompeyJohnW
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again. I'll try the text option. It's impossible to contact Virgin any other way.   

Not easy to source isolators either it seems. My best bet seems to be to flag down a virgin van! My internet and phone provider can't be contacted via the Internet or phone. 

0 Kudos