Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Need help with channels

Haven't got the channels promised. Been on the phone 3 hours this morning, then my phoned died. I can't go through that again. Thinking of cancelling the whole thing. Help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need help with channels

Hi paulallen18,

You can try to force your box to pick up missing channels. Using your remote control click on Home then

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

This may take around 15/20 minutes and might involve a reboot of your equipement.

Which channels are missing? Some people order Sky Sports thinking they get the HD version which is an extra £7 per month, and don't realise they have only bought the pack with the SD channels which are available from channel 511 onwards.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The channels missing are the ones promised as an insentive got sports but not Sky Sports News? None of the movie channels promised. The guy sorting out no catch up or on demand said it seems you should be getting these. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Check your online account for what package you're on, and compare it with the online channel guide, to see if you are missing any specific channels..

Scroll to the bottom of this page for an online and downloadable version of the package guide which should help.

CatchUp facilities are inclusive on all packages, but other VOD content can depend. Many box-sets are only on Full-House/XL/Maxit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, can't find a link for channel list download

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Click here - scroll right to the bottom of the page and immediately below the graphical version, there are 2 links - "download your mobile channel guide" and "download your desktop channel guide"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

updated my channels as suggested. Still have over 30 channels missing. Although I do have extra channels. Mainly Asian channels not really required.

Also still don't have the Film Channels that I was promised as an insentive to come over to Virgin Media.

Catch-up and On-demand is back on both boxes.

Please advise what to do now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

There's a distinct possibility here, that you're not on the package you think you are. Missing channels is one thing, but extra ones don't appear by accident.

As per previous posts... Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels will send a "hit" to your box that should get your EPG in-line with your package.

If anything's wrong after that, you can try a box reboot but I suspect you'll end up calling Virgin C/S to check everything's in-line.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Updated channels completed. Phoning Virgin is an absolute joke, tried that yesterday 3 hours on the phone unfortunately my phone died. It might be easier to email them, then contact my bank to cancel any payments. Why should I spend hours on the phone to correct your errors?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I don't work for Virgin, I'm just another customer like yourself.

There is no email C/S contact, there hasn't been even before Covid happened. Just by means of advice, however many issues VM C/S undoubtedly has at the moment, cancelling regular payments is one sure-fire way to make things even worse.

VM don't take a bright view of missed payments, and if these get entered on your credit file, then rights and wrongs will become immaterial to the hassle it can cause.

0 Kudos