Menu
Dondonkent
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Need a box upgrade

Hi got an old virgin box and it’s pixelating on channels and catch up...says needs to be upgraded to a V6. Been trying to get through for weeks just need help getting one sent please 👍

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Need a box upgrade

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

In terms of the "says needs to be upgraded to a V6", that's a whole other question - you can certainly ask VM about a box-swap when you call them! Assuming you have VM broadband (which is a requirement) you never know 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dondonkent
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Checked for signal faults several times and it says it’s all ok...would love to be able to get through to VM!  Yes have VM broadband too.

Contacted VM through Twitter and they sent me here to hopefully get a VM team to send a new v6 box....fingers crossed 🤞 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Dondonkent wrote:

Contacted VM through Twitter and they sent me here to hopefully get a VM team to send a new v6 box....fingers crossed 🤞

Not sure why they've told you that. Forum staff prioritise responses on here for where phone support won't work.

In your case - calling in will probably be, by far, the quickest way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Dondonkent
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

AC84E1E2-EE1D-4F16-9837-7B9022E48376.png

0 Kudos
Dondonkent
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wish I could get phone support...unfortunately have tried for weeks and just can’t through,chatbot no good either 😭

0 Kudos
Dondonkent
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Need a new v6 box

Hi got an old virgin box and it’s pixelating on channels and catch up...says needs to be upgraded to a V6. Been trying to get through for weeks just need help getting one sent please 👍

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a new v6 box

Pixelation is likely a signal fault, not a box fault and not a reason necessarily to be upgraded to V6.

As suggested, phone in, early morning, to report your fault or wait here patiently, perhaps for a week, for Virgin Media to arrange an engineer visit.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a new v6 box

@Dondonkent wrote:

As per Ernie's reply, but I'll also add my standard reply to pixellation posts...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

0 Kudos