Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My screen is stuck on "Starting up" screen

It's been this way for a few days now .... it started when the screen froze mid-programme and I was asked to re-boot.  I did that - by unplugging the two leads to the box - and since then I haven't been able to get anything on Virgin except the "Starting Up" screen.  I've followed all the suggestions on-line (fiddling with the leads to check they're in firmly, also unplugged the leads into the hub) and changed the batteries on my remote.  Nothing works.  Please can someone come up with a solution ... it''s been too long and I need some tech help.

Thanks,

Annie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My screen is stuck on "Starting up" screen

Hi

PM me some details and I will have a look 

acc number and address please

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to say thanks to Virgin for sorting this out (well, actually for pointing out to me when they came that I hadn't replaced one of the leads in the back which I had taken out when asked to re-boot initially).  Yep I'm embarrassed but I thought I would swallow my pride and make this post in case anyone else hasn't checked the back of their box.  Mine needs three leads into it, in future when I fiddle with any wires I'll take a photo to see what was there first!!!

Virgin got someone round pretty quickly once I had had a response to my post. Very impresed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have got the same problem with my extra TV Box in my bedroom, taking out and re-connecting cables has made no difference, as has switching box off for a while and switching back on again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can't really help other than to say what sorted mine out was double-checking I'd put all the cables back into the box.  Sorry - I know I'm repeating myself.  I think it's pot luck whether you get a tecchy replying, but hopefully you will.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So far I have unplugged cables and put them back in, turned box off, un-plugged box, turned back on while holding standby & + buttons and reset router, all to no avail, all I am getting is the standby button flashing red then white and the wi-fi icon left of the standby button flashing on / off.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Only other thing I can suggest is that you email the tecchy that sorted me out with a visit .... think if you hover over the name "campo" something or other that will take you through to a person who may or may not respond!!! Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chelsea_fatboy,

Thanks for reaching out to us at the Community Forums. Are you still having issues with your set-top box loading up correctly? I've started to do remote diagnostics but unable to connect. Let us know if you still need help.

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

All sorted now, got through to Customer Services on Tuesday and they did some tests which did nothing, spoke to them again yesterday and they said TV Box was unresponsive so a new one arrived today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the update,

Glad the team was able to get things sorted for you and replacement set-top box was sent to you.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos