Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My picture is distorted.

Hi Everyone,

The picture on my TV is distorted.  I have already switched the box off & unplugged it, plus checked all the wires & I'm still having the same issue.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: My picture is distorted.

Hi Claire36,

Is this just live TV, or catch up and apps such as Netflix and Prime? If it's just live TV which channels are affected?

Have you checked that all cable connections are tight and snug, especially the white coaxial cable?

Have you tried swapping HDMI leads?

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can run a test on your equipment from there, and the VM signals can send a signal to try and rectifiy the issue.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

It seems to be most of my live channels & my recordings that are distorted - some of them have been ok.  My Netflix etc is absolutely fine with no issues on that side of things.  I have taken all the cables out & put then back in again (making sure that the white cable was tightly put back in place).  I have also done several switch off & on again sessions at different times on different days.  I have also changed the HDMI cable for a brand new one & I am still having the same issue.  This has been happening for about a week now.  I have also checked the service statis for my area & it's not flagging anything up.  Think I need an engineer to come out & have a look at the TV box.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Claire36,

Did you run the tests via Check my service status, because that might prevent you having to  contact the faults Team which is the next step?

To contact the Faults team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later, as the system should recognise you've gone through the fault steps and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have checked my service status for my area & it's not showing any issues with any of my products.  I will send a text to the faults team & take it from there.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Claire36.

How are things today?

If you're still experiencing issues can you please go through the following steps: Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok Emily, I've done that & it is showing 'connection in progress'.

Claire.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for going through that, has it since completed? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Emily, It has finished & it is giving me the following options:

1.  Connect to the Virgin Media Service now.

2.  Change network settings.

3.  View Network settings.

4.  View Network Diagnostics.

What option do I pick?

Claire.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Emily,

Is there anything else I need to do now that this has been completed?

Claire.

0 Kudos