Menu
1956cyclist
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My news channel (601) picture is breaking up.

Tried restarting etc. No service issues. 602 also breaking up today. All other channels are fine. Its been like this for about a week.

stevemorgan
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My news channel (601) picture is breaking up.

Sky News HD was breaking up for me earlier as well

All OK now

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you've restarted your box, still get pixellation on live TV channels, and the status line (0800 5610061) doesn't report anything, then it's likely this fault is either only affecting you (and so VM don't know about it) or perhaps you and a couple of neighbours (who also haven't reported it)

Do you get any problems with any of the following channels that you have in your package? 4-Seven-HD, SyFy HD, Comedy Central HD, Alibi HD, TCM HD.

These are all carried on the same broadcast mux as BBC News HD, so a signal fault on one would affect them all.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
1956cyclist
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, none of these channels are working. How can I contact Virgin to report as phone calls to 151 are just terminated at the other end after a few unhelpful options.
Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

Choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", but disregard the suggestions to "go online", "get a text message link" etc, these will result in you having to redial to queue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
1956cyclist
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I still have the problems mentioned earlier. When I try to ring, they just ring off the other end when there is any mention of a fault. Absolutely useless. How are you supposed to report faults when they just ring off? When I did get through to discuss being billed for an old phone number I eventually got through to talk to people, but they just said that it was being fixed (by a couple of days ago). They know that there is a fault now but are just not doing anything about it and I cannot contact them.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is anything listed on the automated status line? 0800 5610061 often covers faults down to street/postcode level.

0 Kudos