Menu
Beon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My Shows recordings from BBC4 are locked

Since late February 2020 all my music programmes recorded in My Shows from BBC4 (from between 1-3 years ago) have been locked and not watchable. When asked to enter my pin, the screen says "this show is from a locked channel (107 BBC4)". After entering my pin, the screen says "no longer available - we're sorry but this recording cant' be viewed because BBC4 is no longer available from Virgin Media" Why is this? I can still watch and record to My Shows programmes off BBC4 on Virgin Media and programmes recorded from the previous 8 months or so can still be watched. What has happened to the older ones?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Shows recordings from BBC4 are locked

its because the BBC4 channel has moved on the EPG or is no longer part of your package . this means the tivo things the old channel is no longer on the system.

BBC 4 is no longer on virgin and was replaced with BBC 4 HD so technically its a new channel and the old BBC 4 is not on virgin anymore 

Not much you can do about it

0 Kudos
watney
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had a similar experience with a two year old recording from BBC2 HD of "Deep Impact".

The box said the channel BBC2 HD (Channel 162) was no longer available on Virgin Media.

Like BBC4 HD, BBC2 was moved some months ago from channel 162 to channel 102, and 102 (BBC2 SD) was removed. Seems pretty dumb that just VM changing a channel number would kill a recording, really annoyed me.

Possibly this accounts for the bizarre grouping of channels on Virgin Media - it must be too difficult to group variations on the same channels

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@watney wrote:

I had a similar experience with a two year old recording from BBC2 HD of "Deep Impact".

The box said the channel BBC2 HD (Channel 162) was no longer available on Virgin Media.

Like BBC4 HD, BBC2 was moved some months ago from channel 162 to channel 102, and 102 (BBC2 SD) was removed. Seems pretty dumb that just VM changing a channel number would kill a recording, really annoyed me.

Possibly this accounts for the bizarre grouping of channels on Virgin Media - it must be too difficult to group variations on the same channels

Nothing to do with the channel being moved in the EPG. Everything to do with the "National" BBC2 being replaced by regional versions with different channel IDs. Anything recorded on the National version is no longer playable, as after a year the old version would have been removed from the list of dormant IDs running in the background.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also as has been said many times on here virgin is not a long term library system
0 Kudos