Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My Samsung V+ box is broken. How can I get a replacement?

My V+ box (it's not our main box as we've got a Tivo one on the living room) has completely broken. It started doing a few error messages and then stopping part way through a reboot and now it just won't switch in. It seems completely dead. 

I've called the Virgin helpline a few times but never get to speak to anyone. I've just called again and they suggested I try via a link they would text me. I've not received any link so I don't know how to get my box replaced. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Samsung V+ box is broken. How can I get a replacement?

This should work. It's a free upgrade to a TiVo.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/getyourtivo?buspart=uk_dm_cus_cab_lib-mig_get-your-tivo 

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I clicked on it and it says 'this offer isn't available to you at the moment'. Don't know what I've done to deserve that. However, I'd just like someone from Virgin to replace my broken V+ box. I don't need an upgrade on this one. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately the V+ box is not being supported by Virgin Media any more so it will have to be upgraded. This can be to a V6 if you have Virgin Media Broadband or to a Tivo if you don't have their Broadband and there should be no charge for doing this.

To get your box upgraded, you can either phone in or you can wait a few days for a Moderator to deal with your query and arrange your upgrade for you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. That is very helpful. I've got Virgin broadband so am happy to wait for a moderator to contact me and get a V6 box upgrade. 

0 Kudos