Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My Player TV package

The recent addition of bonus channels during lockdown was wonderful until it stopped...…. leaving me with many recorded items unavailable. I would like to have Sky Arts added to my package. Would this be feasible at some modest cost - or do I have to resort to subscribing to Now TV?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Player TV package

You can't add individual channels under VM's system.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi cakesmith,

Sky Arts is in the Entertainment & Documentaries personal pick add on which is an extra £7 per month.

Customers can add one Pick to their bundle for £7 per month with each subsequent Pick costing £5 per month. Picks can be changed every month.

The  Kids Pick is £5.

This is the link showing the Personal Picks 

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/documents/Redwood/Personal_Picks_May_2020...

Should you decide to add extra channels or regrade your package you could do so using the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Or you can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks newapollo!

That seems to answer my question. I just need to weigh up 'Personal Picks' vs Now TV Entertainment (which includes Sky Atlantic)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It seems that £7 was too good to be true.

I've just tried to add the 'Entertainment & Documentaries' package and have been told this costs £22 per month.

To add the portion of the package including Sky Arts would cost £14 per month.

Have I been misinformed by the call centre?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cakesmith83,

That's the route I went down. I recently upgraded my broadband from M100 to M200 but my TV package changed from Mix TV to Mixit TV plus the Drama pick. I've lost the documentaries, kids channels and life style ones etc so decided to to go down the NOW TV route and subscribe to their entertainment package which includes Sky Atlantic.

The passes can be brought for £3.99 per month and for me includes National Geographic and the Discovery channel which was the added bonus.

I get Sky 1 and 2 as part of my Drama pick from VM anyway.

If you go the VM route the picks have gone down in price this week now from £10 to £7 for your first pick and then from £7 to £5 for any additional pick added.

Also if you have the benefit of recording the channels on Tivo which could sway your choice.

You might have to factor also having to purchase a NOW TV stick unless you already have one or can use a games console to use the app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi fatboyslim888,

I take your point about the recording benefits of the VM option...but the VM call centre could not add a pick for less than £14 pm.

I only want to add Sky Arts from the VM option but would be tempted by the availability of Sky Atlantic on Now TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It appears that the Personal Picks are only available on the Big bundle

Virgin Press Release 

Virgin Media’s Personal Picks now offer even better value so customers can build a personalised TV service for less. Personalised picks now start at £7 and each subsequent pack costs £5 per month. Personal Picks were previously priced at £10 for the first pick with each subsequent Pick costing £7 per month.

The Picks are available with Virgin Media’s Big bundle where customers can pick and mix a variety of channel packs – from entertainment and lifestyle, to drama, documentaries and sport. Picks can be added to a bundle instantly, and customers have the flexibility to remove them by simply giving 30 days’ notice.

Virgin Media will move exiting customers who are paying the previously available pricing for Personal Picks (£10 for one pick and £7 for each subsequent Pick) to the new, lower pricing, too.

Each Pick includes Sky One, Sky Witness, Sky Comedy, Gold HD and Comedy Central HD, plus a number of HD channels, such as ITV 2 HD and Film 4HD, as well as a great selection of channels relating to each of the four genres, plus must-see box sets.

Hopefully we can get some clarification on this as the channel guide shows the Personal Picks are only available to Maxit customers. June Channel Guide 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi cakesmith83,

I've just checked my NOW TV channels and I get Sky Arts included in the entertainment pack and you get the added bonus of Sky Atlantic.

It might be worth contacting VM to see what the price would be to go to the Bigger TV Bundle (Maxit) I think it's called compared to the £14 for the personal picks individually.

Thanks for letting us both know newapollo.

I know ringing VM is a complete pain. I spent over 8 hours last week last week on my mobile trying to get my home phone line fixed.

Have you tried using their message service to contact them? It's 07533051809 and it's pretty automated but it still may take a while to get through to someone but it's another avenue to try and contact VM.