Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My Bill has gone up unexpectedly by around £3.50 per month, why?

Hello,

I entered a contract in April 2018 for TV, Broadband and Phone Line Rental package at £45.00 per month. 

I have for the past three months been billed £48.49, why is this? I haven't been given any information why this is and will probably now be looking to switch when my contracts ends in April.

It's not on!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My Bill has gone up unexpectedly by around £3.50 per month, why?

You can check your bills and contract at https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index but it's more than likely to do with a price-rise kicking in, or discount expiring.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There was a well publicised price rise in October which applies to those still in fixed term contract as well as those on a rolling contract.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your answer.

Although I'm doubtful it was well publicised as I hadn't had an email or mail sent to me about this.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, yes it seems there has been a rise in the price as my discounts still apply for many months.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there gordanapavlovic, 

Thanks for your post - I was sorry to understand that you missed the Price Rise notification. If you usually get your bills via email these would have been emailed to you, otherwise it would have been posted. 

These were sent in August and September 2018 with the impact to your bill being November. 

Glad that you still have your discounts in place though 🙂 We'd hate to see you leave us when your contact comes to an end; please do feel free to give us a ring or contact us here closer to the time and we will be happy to check for any offers or deals that may be available at the time 🙂

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mine has gone up in the same way. I have not received an email nor postal notification. The additional charge has just been applied without any communication. Surely this is breach of contract? No offer has been made and accepted.

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Think you will find it’s in there terms and conditions and to be honest if you did not see the price rise mentioned you must have had a total media blackout as it was covered in all media from newspapers , Tv , radio , internet

0 Kudos