Menu
Bewlaybro
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Movies4Men

So where's this Movies4Men and MovieMax channel that i'm supposed to have in my Full House TV bundle ?  

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Movies4Men

The Movies4Men channel closed on 10 September 2019 and was replaced with Sony Movies Action which is on channel 426.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movies4Men

The only MovieMax channel I can find via Google is Sky MovieMax which has not existed as a brand since the 1st of November 2003 when it became part of Sky Movies 1.  On 15 June 2016, Sky announced that Sky Movies would rebrand as Sky Cinema on 8 July.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Cinema

The Sky Cinema channels are 401-412 on VM:

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bewlaybro,

The full list of channels available on each package are shown in the following link ChannelGuide_December_2020.pdf  The ones in the Full House package are in column 4.

The Movies for Men channel closed on 10 September 2019 and was replaced with Sony Movies Action.

As far as I can remember the MovieMax channel was an old Sky brand around 1999/2000

EDIT - beaten to it by Scott

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

Bewlaybro
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Wow, I think Virgin need to update their listings then, thanks for the info 

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Bewlaybro wrote:

Wow, I think Virgin need to update their listings then, thanks for the info 

What listings?  The links that both I and @newapollo provided are up to date and show you the current channel listings.

If there is an out of date listing elsewhere on the VM site then post the link and I'll flag it with the VM staff.

Bewlaybro
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Bewlaybro
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the links @Bewlaybro. Looks like a few of the VM pages have gone back in time as the first page linked clearly says 2016 at the top of the page as do others linked on the second page.

I'll feed this back to the forum management and they can pass it up the chain.  I think there was some maintenance work on My VM last weekend and it looks like somebody made a boo boo.

0 Kudos
Bewlaybro
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yeah i noticed the historical dates, call me old fashioned  but when you click on "Customer News" you kinda expect it to be current news not news from 4 years ago 🙂 

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Bewlaybro wrote:

Yeah i noticed the historical dates, call me old fashioned  but when you click on "Customer News" you kinda expect it to be current news not news from 4 years ago 🙂 

Which page has the link to this "News" page?  I'm struggling to find it in from my "My VM" pages and only get to it via your link above.

0 Kudos