Menu
Dan1977
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moved house - contract issues

Hi there,

We recently moved house and simply wanted to transfer our existing package over to the new property (which had previously had VM services). My understanding was that as I was keeping the same package - no additional channels or broadband changes - the transfer of service would be done under the same contract terms i had at the previous property. The install was done on Friday and I now find I’ve got a new 18 month contract. Everything I have read on the website indicates there would be no change to the contract term if you were simply transferring the services like for like. Can anyone confirm whether I’ve got this right? I feel like I’ve lost any benefit of being a long-standing customer and seeing my contract out, yet at the same time have none of the benefits associated with being a ‘new’ customer which having this contract makes me feel. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moved house - contract issues

Hi Dan1977,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you have been put in a new contract after moving when you have advised everything is the same.

When moving as long as you have kept everything the same including the price this just just carry on from your previous contract however if there were any discounts added or any new equipment installed this will start a new contract.

Regards

Paul.

Dan1977
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to reply Paul. What you say matches my thinking exactly. I have spoken to someone at VM and they gave me a line that 'we always give a new contract when a customer moves address' so this is now going down the official complaint channel. Although that's a bit of a joke - might not get a reply for 28 days but my cooling off period ends after 14, so I have to stick with VM just to get an answer to my complaint.

Thanks again
Dan

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dan,

I will be more than happy to look into this for you, So I can help I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Dan1977
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul for taking the time to sort this out for me...very much appreciated.

Best wishes

Dan

0 Kudos
Jenfernah
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Sorry to piggy back on this.

I have the same issue :(. I keep being advised I'll be called back and this hasn't happened. 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jenny

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenfernah,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your contact after moving.

When you moved did you take the same package and the same equipment, a lot of our packaged have changed and some of them may not of been available and a different one offered ?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos