Menu
Pagecrawler
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

More Channels Leaving

I’ve just seen an advert on the tv informing me that the MTV channels are disappearing from Virgin Media from 31st August  When I visited the website https://www.keepmyviacom.co.uk I realised it’s more channels than I thought 5Star, 5USA, Comedy Central, Paramount. It’s just like the UKTv disaster all over agai  Come onVirgin Media please sort this out and give us the channels we want !

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: More Channels Leaving

Hi Pagecrawler,

All of these channels remain on Virgin TV and we continue to have positive and constructive discussions with Viacom.

Thanks

Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Looks like are forwarding that website to their main site now - www.viacom.com - Maybe a sign that an agreement has been reached ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
newapollo
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On the page, seen by RXTVlog earlier today, Viacom accused Virgin of not offering a fair deal and confirmed it had not asked Virgin for an increase in the fees it receives for its channels.

By late morning on Friday, the website had been removed and a Virgin spokesperson was able to confirm that the channels would be remaining on air on Virgin Media, with "constructive" discussions with Viacom continuing.

Link

0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Half the channels they listed are Free-To-Air on Freeview (on transmitters with coverage to 90% of the population) and/or Freesat anyway. Combined with the My5 app, most people will still be able to watch their programming. And the many of the shows on their Pay channels get shown, eventually, on their FTA channels anyway.

Although it would be slightly annoying and a minor inconvenience to switch tuners on my remote, I can't say I'm that bothered. I wasn't watching much on their channels recently, their daily showning of Suits, that I was watching, stopped a couple weeks ago on Paramount.

I can see how the Nick kids channels could be the biggest loss, as kids don't understand business decisions.

0 Kudos
Mike13
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just seen this thread.

Is it true these channels have left Virgin?

If so, I will be complaining and asking for a discount.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Mike13 wrote:

Just seen this thread.

Is it true these channels have left Virgin?

No.

0 Kudos