Menu
pedlar50
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Mixit TV package

I’ve recently renewed my VM contract and have been informed that my TV element has now become Mixit TV but no information provided about what this is, how to use it or how much it may cost. Would have thought that Virgin would have sent me something on this if they want me to use it and pay extra to them. Does anyone have a link to anything formal on this please? Obviously know about how to use TiVo V6 box from before for basic channels but no idea what Mixit entails. Any advice would be welcome please. Hope Virgin Media also take note and address this shortfall of information for other newcomers to Mixit TV. 

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mixit TV package

There is a channel guide here which generally covers the channels in each TV pack

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
pedlar50
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response. I had seen the Mixit channel availability chart but I still don’t know how it operates. Do I select a personal preference somehow? How long do I access it for? How much extra does it cost? Does it change my contract when I cancel a Mixit selection? I was really expecting something definitive from Virgin to explain the ins and outs of this. Cheers, pedlar50

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That should have been explained as part of the renewal conversation to be honest. Mixit TV has a selection of channels, and then allows you to add different personal picks to it if you wish to do so at an additional cost

Those personal picks are here:
https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/documents/Redwood/Personal_Picks_January_...
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
pedlar50
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben. All I was told is that it is a means of adding certain programmes for say a weekend and that is all. Pity I haven’t received anything formal to explain the full procedure.

0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Superfast
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think the minimum term for any of the Personal Picks packages is a month. But I'm not 100% sure.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi it will be 30 days & that's if after adding it you give notice the day after it was added.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
pedlar50
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks pal.
0 Kudos
pedlar50
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky. Where do I find out how much it costs please?
0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There's no breakdown of it, MixIt can't be sold individually it's only part of a triple bundle (BBI TV & Phone) the actual package itself is a replacement of "Player TV" which was essentially Freeview channels, it's not possible to get a breakdown of exactly "how much" it costs unfortunately. If you decide to add an accessory such as the Drama pick, you pay (I believe) £10 for the first then £7 each. So £10 for your first and every one after at £7.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.