Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Missold an 'upgrade' !!

Not a happy bunny today... phoned up virgin to try and get a better deal as I'm a long term loyal customer. I made it clear to the lady that I need AT LEAST the amount of channels we have at the moment- especially the kids, over an hour on the phone, and I asked and double checked  several times with the lady that the new package would be BETTER ... so agreed to a new 12 month contract and 'upgrade 'from fun tv package to the maxi tv bundle. Great I thought, monthly price has gone down and the amount of available channels has gone up. Got off the phone and checked online the channel list and I was so annoyed to find I would lose 90 % of the kids channels on the new package !! 

How can virgin get away with ripping off loyal customers and misselling 'upgrades'. 

I phoned up virgin and they wanted an extra £4 a month for me to add the kids channels back !! Disgusting that customers can be treated like this. 

Luckily I am within cooling off period and upgrade has been cancelled, but I feel so annoyed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missold an 'upgrade' !!

I learnt this lesson few years ago (to be fair it's not just Virgin), when altering package or discussing a new contract try and do it in an online chat. This way you can save chat or screen shot exactly what was discussed. If you really have to chat over the phone write the conversation up right away in a word document, this helped me resolve an issue a few years ago when I took out Sky Sports.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missold an 'upgrade' !!

Good afternoon @Louiset83 

A very warm welcome to the forum and thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had this issue, This is not the level of customer service that we aim to provide. 

Should you wish to do so, I can raise a complaint on your behalf? 

Kind regards 

Zak_M

0 Kudos