Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Missing episode 3 of Departure (Universal channel)

I am in hospital and relying on the Virgin TV Go app.

New series Departure on Universal shows both episodes 1 and 2 available for Catchup, but Episode 3 which I missed last week has not been made available and episode 4 screens tonight. It is so infuriating as I cannot find it anywhere else online.

i spoke to Virgin customer service but they just blamed Universal for not releasing for episode 3 on catchup and said it was nothing to do with Virgin.  But my contract to provide my service is with Virgin, not Universal, so surely it’s up to Virgin to chase this up with them. She actually told me that episode 3 is available on my main Virgin box. I don’t know whether that’s true or not, but being that I’m in hospital it doesn’t actually help me. 

Surely it’s in Universal’s interest to make all episodes available to boost viewing figures because if you miss an episode of a complex thriller, you’re unlikely to watch the rest of the series, so they will lose viewers by not making all episodes available.

And shame on Virgin for being too lazy to chase up these issues of missing episodes, as I know I am not the first to complain about incomplete series being available on Virgin catchup. I’ve just been notified of a price increase for my already very expensive overpriced package, but I don’t see any increase in the quality of my service.  Maybe it’s time to switch provider, as I don’t see Virgin doing anything to improve the quality of their service.  Maybe someone else will appreciate my £1200 a year subscription.

Do Virgin read posts in this forum? 

It’s all very frustrating.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing episode 3 of Departure (Universal channel)

Hi LondonAmanda, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to access episode 3 of departures, and I can appreciate how frustrating this would be when you're in to a series.

I have had a look and this is available from here now, so can you please confirm that you've been able to access this now?

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa, thanks for your reply. No, episode 3 and now episode 4 are still not available to watch on the Virgin TV Go App, only the first two episodes are available to watch. Episodes 3 and 4 are shown, but with no Play button and a message that says ‘You can rent this on your Virgin TV box’. But I’m in hospital on my iPad, so that’s no good to me. 

I don’t understand why the first two episodes are available but not the second two. A lot of people like to wait for a series to finish and then watch all episodes back to back, so this would be a problem to those subscribers as well as people like me who just missed an episode and want to watch through the app on a mobile device. 

Amanda

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me Amanda.

I have now queried this with our TV team, so as soon as they get back to me I'll let you know 🙂

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos