Menu
MariaBaldwin29
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Missing channels

Hello,

I have the virgin Mixit package and at first had all channels I expected however recently about 10 which should be included in the package are now unavailable? Tried to contact via instant message but understandably they are very busy.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing channels

Hello

What channels are missing ?

Step 1 Press Home on the remote

Step 2 Select Help & Settings

Step 3 Select Help

Step 4 Select TV Care from the top bar

Step 5 Select Missing channels

Step 6 Select Refresh my channel list to check for missing channels, and to get your Virgin TV V6 box automatically updated if they are missing.

Have you checked on https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide to make sure 100% that the channels are included, as during first part of lockdown VM gave a load of free channels .

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi MariaBaldwin29,

Virgin have supplied over 50 channels for free, all for a limited period since the start of the current Covid epidemic. They actually extended the free periods for a number of the channels, however the free viewing periods have now ended.

I have made a list of the free channels that were offered in the spoiler at the bottom of this post.

You could regrade your package bundle to access more channels or you can purchase small bundles to add extra channels.

Customers can add one Pick to their bundle for £7 per month with each subsequent Pick costing £5 per month. Picks can be changed every month.

The  Kids Pick is £5.

This is a list showing the current Personal Picks Personal_Picks_August_2020 

Should you decide to add extra channels or regrade your package you could do so using the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Or you can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Spoiler

March 31st to April 21st
The full line up of extra channels for families to enjoy includes:
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Cartoonito
Nickelodeon
Nick Jr
NickToons
Nick Jr Too
This television upgrade is available to customers on Virgin Media’s Player, Mixit (without Kids TV pick) and Maxit (without Kids TV pick) bundles at no extra cost.

April 6th to May 2nd
The full line up of extra channels:
Comedy Central
DMAX
Discovery
Fox
Gold
Box Hits
Kerrang
Kiss
Magic
ID
Lifetime
MTV
TCM
TLC
Rishtey
Rishtey Cineplex
Sony SAB
Colors

April 10th to May 9th
The full line up of extra channels for families to enjoy includes:

Sky Arts
Sky Comedy
Sky Crime
Sky One
Sky Two
Sky Witness
Sky Sports Mix
Sky Sports News
Movies 2
Syfy
E!

April 17th to May 16th
The full line up of extra documentary and entertainment channels now available:
Alibi
Animal Planet
Comedy Central Extra
Crime + Investigation
Discovery History
Discovery Science
Discovery Shed
Discovery Turbo
Eden
Eurosport 1
Eurosport 2
H2
History
Home and Health
Love Nature
National Geographic
National Geographic Wild

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
MariaBaldwin29
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

thank you for that! I am currently trying that however still not seeming to make a difference yet.

missing TLC +1, W, Albi, Gold, Dave etc which according to their website should be included in the Mixit package

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Some of those channels are not available on the Mixit package if you check the guide has a + under mixit for all those channels except Dave, that basically means they are only available on Mixit with a Personal Pick.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again MariaBaldwin29,

Unfortunately none of the channels you mentioned are included in the Mixit package.

The Mixit package is in colum 5, and the channels you metnioned have a + sign against them. That means they can be added as a Personal Pick.

This is the latest channel guide in PDF format, so you can increase the size of the text to see more clearly. ChannelGuide_August_2020.pdf 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@DJ_Shadow1966,

sorry for repeating the same info as your good self. You were about 30 seconds quicker than me.

Dave