Menu
sarah007
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Missing channels on TIVO and V6

In the last couple of days we have noticed that we have very few Kids channels, they are greyed out and when clicked on they say that they require a subscription. This is the case for my V6 and TIVO box alike. I have recently been transferred to the Maxit package last month, but only the last couple of days the channels are not able to be viewed - eg Disney junior and Nick Junior, nickelodeon, all of which we have watched for years. I have tried re-booting both boxes. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Missing channels on TIVO and V6

Hi Sarah,

sorry to see you are confused by channels being deleted from your guide.

Virgin have supplied over 50 channels for free, all for a limited period since the start of the current Covid epidemic. They actually extended the free periods for a number of the channels, however the free viewing periods have now ended.

I have made a list of the free channels that were offered in the spoiler at the bottom of this post.

You could regrade your package bundle to access more channels or you c an purchase small bundles to add extra channels.

Customers can add one Pick to their bundle for £10 per month with each subsequent Pick costing £7 per month. Picks can be changed every month.

The  Kids Pick is £5.

This is the link showing the Personal Picks 

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/documents/Redwood/Personal_Picks_May_2020...

Should you decide to add extra channels or regrade your package you could do so using the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Or you can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Spoiler

March 31st to April 21st
The full line up of extra channels for families to enjoy includes:
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Cartoonito
Nickelodeon
Nick Jr
NickToons
Nick Jr Too
This television upgrade is available to customers on Virgin Media’s Player, Mixit (without Kids TV pick) and Maxit (without Kids TV pick) bundles at no extra cost.

April 6th to May 2nd
The full line up of extra channels:
Comedy Central
DMAX
Discovery
Fox
Gold
Box Hits
Kerrang
Kiss
Magic
ID
Lifetime
MTV
TCM
TLC
Rishtey
Rishtey Cineplex
Sony SAB
Colors

April 10th to May 9th
The full line up of extra channels for families to enjoy includes:

Sky Arts
Sky Comedy
Sky Crime
Sky One
Sky Two
Sky Witness
Sky Sports Mix
Sky Sports News
Movies 2
Syfy
E!

April 17th to May 16th
The full line up of extra documentary and entertainment channels now available:
Alibi
Animal Planet
Comedy Central Extra
Crime + Investigation
Discovery History
Discovery Science
Discovery Shed
Discovery Turbo
Eden
Eurosport 1
Eurosport 2
H2
History
Home and Health
Love Nature
National Geographic
National Geographic Wild

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Kids channels are not included with Maxit, as they were with the legacy Full House pack. This is why Maxit is cheaper.

Adding the Kids channels pack now costs an additional £5 a month.

As per the above, these were provided on a free promotion during the lockdown period.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sarah007
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your help - it's just yet another thing that wasn't explained to me when I switched to maxit from Full House, so not happy at all

0 Kudos
Fatboyslim888
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain. I was on the Mix TV package which included all the kids channels previously then upgraded my broadband last Saturday and was put on the Mixit plus Drama package. I was told it was like for like but have lost all the kids channels plus documentaries. When I called on Monday I was told by VM that I would have to pay to have these channels as they aren't included. To add the kids channel would be another £5 per month on top of what I'm paying.

From looking on this forum VM did offer the kids channels free over the COVID-19 period but these have now been removed now. I lost Nickelodeon, Disney, Cartoon Network and Boomerang on Monday so that kids aren't very impressed.

If VM had been transparent in the first place I would have never changed or upgraded the broadband. I only upgraded because of the slow upload speeds. Having four in the house who are on Zoom or Skype simultaneously doesn't help. Kids are using zoom to do their school lessons.

They have even managed to mess up my home phone so that's been down since Monday.
Rant over now.