Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Missing channels on 2nd box

Hi there - I have just installed a second box. Sky Sports showing on the old box upstairs but not on our new box downstairs that was installed. Rebooted existing box, tried but still no Sky Sports on this one.

Tried reboot, update channel list, test box all, still all sports channels grayed.  I am missing all the match, not happy when I am paying for this. No customer service available to call. Any suggestions??

Acc [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Missing channels on 2nd box

Have you activated the second box?  Are any other channels missing on that box?

Have you tried swapping the boxes around?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

First of all, thanks for looking into it.

My second box was installed by an virgin TV engineer, so not sure if he activated the box or not. Happy to xcheck if I know how to do that.

Did not go through channel by channel as only use TV for sports. I believe all are there as it basic channels except sports add on.

Did not try to swapping the box, great idea will try tomorrow first thing in the morning.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Sanjibdatta wrote:

HMy second box was installed by an virgin TV engineer, so not sure if he activated the box or not. Happy to xcheck if I know how to do that.

Non-activated boxes will only provide the basic terrestrial channels in SD and give a 7400 error.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos