Menu
Grubbs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Missing channels after having them for years!

I've had the same package for years and recently removed sky sports for obvious reasons at the moment and now have number of children's channels missing, which is handy in lockdown!

And only get a subscribe option but i'm on the maxit package with all the channels?

Only other change I've made recently was to upgrade broadband.

I've tried the phone and was on hold for an hour

I've tried the phone again and entered a phone number to get a text and didn't receive a text!

I've tried chat function and didn't get an agent to connect after entering yes (loads!)

So this is my last resort!!

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing channels after having them for years!

The Maxit package doesn't include the premium kids channels.  They are now a "Personal Picks" option that costs extra.  Details of the channels in each package here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide

They were included in the old Full House package which was retired last year and is now a legacy package that exists for those currently on it but you can't switch back to it once you go to a current package like Maxit.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing channels after having them for years!

Nearly forgot, they did make all the kids channels free to everyone for a short while to help folks during lockdown but that offer has finished.

EDIT - Details here:
https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-gives-tv-customers-po...

Offer finished yesterday.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos