Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Missing cable adapter

Can someone help please as I am really annoyed

Last week my second book packed up. I rang up and next day a new replacement arrived (very good service).  Except that it was a v6 and my old one was a TiVo 

Better for me but the box did not contain a remote (not really a problem) but more importantly the cable adapter without which I could not set the v6 box up

I rang up and after a hour wait got through to someone who had not a clue as to what the problem was she said I could connect up using the Ethernet cable. YOU CANNOT she also said she would sent the bit out

What arrived today was a remote and a power supply NOT NEEDED but no cable adapter 

Can you get one to me please I’m sure the vans must carry a spare one   I really do not want to wait another week for one. Or have to arrange an engineer visit

can someone from virgin help please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing cable adapter

You could wait here - it can take up to a week for a Virgin rep to get to your post or you could pop to B&Q and get one of these:

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-f-socket-to-coaxial-plug-adaptor/571712_BQ.prd

Or Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coaxial-F-Connectors-Satellite-Connector-Converter/dp/B071NSHL1V/ref=sr_1_9...

Both do what the cable does - convert a screw connection to a normal TV type (which is what the connection is on the V6).

You *will* need to connect the V6 to your hub as well though - either with an ethernet cable or via WiFi.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. Ordered and will come Sat

thank God for the forum.
We need it after the rubbish virgin support help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The connector arrived and seems even better that the virgin one

When all the setup finished I can only see a few channels and get a error code 7400

When I go to run a check the page is down. Is there anything I can do to avoid a hour or so on the phone. My understanding is it an activation problem this was several hours ago but is still the same

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi buffy24,

Sorry to see you are still having problems ☹️

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box you are installing. By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method, which should still work isto reboot the V6, and if the channels are still greyed out then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. I did try the test my tv but the page for the tv was down. So bitting the bullet I rang up
And got through very quickly and the man did what was necessary and all works OK now (I hope)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi buffy24,

Thanks for the update, I'm pleased it's all working for you now.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos