Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Missing Sky Sports from V6 and TV Go app

Hi,

I recently signed back up with Virgin and took the M100 Fibre and the Mixit TV package. As part of the deal I was promised 3 months free Sky Sports access and I have an email to confirm this as part of my order.

Unfortunately I am now 2 weeks since activation (no other issues) and the sports channels are still not showing on my V6 box or on my TV Go app.

I have tried calling customer services this morning who claimed they were unable to help as I wasn't currently at home and couldn't turn the box on or off?!? I'm away on holiday at the minute and would like these services working to watch on the TV Go app.

I would appreciate any help, assistance or general advice as turning the box off and on seemed like a bit of a cop out...

Many thanks in anticipation 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Missing Sky Sports from package

Hi,

Apologies - posted in the wrong forum area!

Not sure how that happened or how to move it...

I recently signed back up with Virgin and took the M100 Fibre and the Mixit TV package. As part of the deal I was promised 3 months free Sky Sports access and I have an email to confirm this as part of my order.

Unfortunately I am now 2 weeks since activation (no other issues) and the sports channels are still not showing on my V6 box or on my TV Go app.

I have tried calling customer services this morning who claimed they were unable to help as I wasn't currently at home and couldn't turn the box on or off?!? I'm away on holiday at the minute and would like these services working to watch on the TV Go app.

I would appreciate any help, assistance or general advice as turning the box off and on seemed like a bit of a cop out...

Many thanks in anticipation 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Missing Sky Sports from package

Hi RUSNAFU,

Sometimes the regrades aren't fully completed and you would need to speak to the regrades team and ask them to resolve it.

It may be that the Sky Sports were added in SD and you are checking the HD channels? Have you checked the SD channels from 511 onwards?

There is usually a link on the TVGo app directing you to use the Sky Sports app to view the channels. 

There's a web page help/watching-sky-sports  If you click on the box Watching on a device it will open with links to the app store and google play store.

When at home you should use your V6 remote and click on

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

That process will take around 30 minutes and should force any missing channels to appear. Again, if that doesn't work you will need to contact regrades.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Sky Sports from V6 and TV Go app

Replied to original post in Mobile section 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

THREADS MERGED

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi its quite right that a your box has to be turned on for virgin to make remote alterations to your box or services, in any case even when you are away it should be left on standby because its receiving data all the time. Regards Micky
0 Kudos