Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Missing Kids Channels

Hi

I seem to have lost a lot of kids channels today (Nickelodean, Cartoonito etc), I've always had these channels pre lockdown and have not changed my package. Doesn't seem to be a fault on the service and have restarted the box but still not there

Thanks

Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Kids Channels

Hi nr6573,

have you regraded recently? Which package are you on?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've just discovered I'm on Maxit TV but was on Fun TV(L) up until April, got through to the helpline and they told me it was changed in April so those channes no longer part of it.  However it wasn't changed at my request at my request and I wasn't aware of it, seems to imply I'm now in a 12 month contract despite never agreeing to anything.  They tried to transfer me to another line but after 40 mins waiting I gave up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi nr6573,

I was on the Mix TV package and moved to the Mixit and ent + Drama pick package and the kids had access to Nickelodeon channels but these disappeared. I also had the discovery history/science/animal planets ones until Tuesday.

Looks like from the TV guide these were not included in my current package but were given free during the COVID-19 but obviously VM have taken these channels away.

I'm not happy as I only upgraded my broadband on Saturday from M100 to M200 and was told I needed to move to a new contract from the Mix TV package to Mixit + Drama (like for like). All the kids and documentaries channels were included in the mix package but now are on a subscription only pick unless you get the higher up TV package.

It's a slightly different situation to  yours as it looks like VM moved your package in April without notifying you and you are obviously worse off loosing TV channels as they are now chargeable as personal picks.  

I feel your pain and I think things need to be more transparent. Since Monday I've been on the phone every day to VM. I've started using there text back service now and the forums as a second and third form of contracting VM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is the catch with "integral" items being part of the standard packs.

It is not cheaper if you just change one item in your package (eg Broadband) as then the other items revert to full pricing automatically, resulting in a huge increase. Therefore Customer Services will give you a "best fit" with the current packages that equals or takes the price down by keeping maximum discount.

It may not seem fair by doing it this way, but for customers it is the best way to keep costs down, & regulators have made this standard practice in other utilities such as Electricity & Gas.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I will certainly be avoiding any changes to my package (Mix TV) because compared to the new Mixit TV + Personal Picks it offers a significantly wider range of channels for a lower price.

It appears that a lot of people have been switched from one to the other when making changes to other aspects of their services like broadband, and customer service agents are not making it clear what they will lose.

0 Kudos