Menu
Brodgers
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Missing Channels

Just had 2nd V6 box installed, missing children's channels on 2nd V6 box. All channels on 1st V6 box. Virgin have tried twice to fix, installation engineer and the customer services but failed. They even text me to say they had fixed the problem. Been on hold (listening to music?) customer services now for 30 minutes. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Channels

Hi Brodgers,

Using your remote control you can try and force a channel update by pressing HOME Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

It does sound however that's there's a problem with the VM backend systems and the codes haven't been put in correctly to add the channels to the newer box.

Just out of interest, when you ordered the additional box, did your package change? The extra kids channels were available on the now discontinued Mix, Fun and Full packages, and it's possible you were on one of those packages and the addition of the extra box has removed you from those packages, in which case you may likely lose the kids channels from your original box too.

The extra kids channels are now only available on the Ultimate Oomph package unless a customer add the kids personal pick which is an extra £5 per month.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Brodgers
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

This happened when I upgraded to the Ultimate Oomph package, additional box in another room. The existing original V6 box upgraded Ok with no issues, the new additional box did not get all the Kids channels, which are part of the package. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Brodgers,

Thanks for the update. You should certainlky have the kids channels on both boxes since you have the Ultimate Oomph package. 

It definitely sounds like the backend systems haven't been updated correctly. It might be worthwhile confirming they have the correct serial number of the extra box set up min their systems

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Brodgers
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I cant see it being a serial number issue as all the other services on the new V6 box were activated without issue. I have had two technicians attend and two customer services assistants attempt to solve this now. Clueless comes to mind.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Brodgers wrote:

I cant see it being a serial number issue as all the other services on the new V6 box were activated without issue. I have had two technicians attend and two customer services assistants attempt to solve this now. Clueless comes to mind.

You've definitely used the "I'm missing some channels" TV Care link, and a subsequent restart on the affected box?

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Brodgers
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Certainly have, 

0 Kudos
Brodgers
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

it gets worse, another visit by a VM technician, requested another activation, while on route from previous job. Result is I have now lost the children’s package on BOTH boxes now. He advised me it not an equipment fault, to call customer services to get them to check my account as it appears, that when he checked my account package was incorrect. So call customer services, yes package was not set up correctly, it has been now, informed take up to 3 hours to happen. Now three days later and still not happened. Another technician booked for the weekend, the 6th attempt, possibly the last!!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to think that this has been checked already, but I presume the box serial numbers have been cross-checked against what VM's systems show...

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos