Menu
AndyPozz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Missing Channels

Hi All, 

First post here, so apologies for rambling. 

I have been with Virgin since the end of May, and haven't really had any issues to date. However I'm struggling to get my head around the TV Package. I have the Mix It package, and looking at the TV guide I think I also have the Entertainment and Drama personal pick (as I have access to sky comedy, itv2/3/4 HD etc)

However up until yesterday, I notably had Nickelodeon HD (But not really any of the other kids channels) as well as TLC. 

I haven't made any changes to my package, nor have I been able to as the channel manager on both the set top box and the wevsite / apps are referring me to the phones or webchat for the "hard sell". 

Have the packages been restructured? It must have been very recently as my daughter was watching NickHD yesterday afternoon. I tried restarting the box in case there was a fault, but there has been no change. 

Thanks in advance

Andy

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Missing Channels

These TV channels are not included in your package and were being provided free for a limited period of time to provide customers on lower packages with more choice during the lockdown.

If you want to check which channels are included with your package, see here.

You can contact VM on 150 if you wish to upgrade your package to another that includes the channels that are no longer being made available to you for free.

AndyPozz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying that's really helpful. 

0 Kudos
Fatboyslim888
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy, the same thing happened to me yesterday. I had the same Mixit and ent + Drama pick package and the kids had access to Nickelodeon channels but these disappeared yesterday. I also had the discovery history/science/animal planets ones until yesterday.

Looks like from the TV guide these were not included in our package but were given free during the COVID-19 but obviously VM have taken these channels away.

I'm not happy as I only upgraded my broadband on Saturday from M100 to M200 and moved from the Mix TV package to Mixit + Drama and all the kids and documentaries channels were included in the mix package but now are on a subscription only pick unless you get the high up TV packages.

0 Kudos
AndyPozz
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, it's a shame, but I'm just looking at it as a bonus. The little one watches more Disney+ than anything else, and frankly losing TLC means that I won't have to put up with "Say Yes to the Dress" anytime soon. 

Fatboyslim888
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Completely agree with you.

We have Netflix, Apple TV and Prime Video so the kids can watch those instead but having the channels removed has messed up the series link recordings on the V6 box. No more 'Apple and Onion' or 'We bare bears'

I'm just frustrated that my previous package had these and my current one doesn't and you have to pay to have that pick.

I only changed over the weekend to have a higher broadband upload speed because the kids are now having zoom and skype lessons from school and if the missus and me have a skype and zoom meeting simultaneously the lag is very bad.

I wished that I had never changed now !!!!
0 Kudos