Menu
Cruchant
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Misselling / dishonest sales tactics from Virgin

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar to below...

I was given a 3-month free trial for Sky Sports when I signed up to Virgin fibre/TV. I called up to cancel a few days in advance but was told to cancel on the last possible day to enjoy the service for as long as possible. Shortly after, I received a call from a saleswoman saying that I could add the Sky Sports channels for only £4 extra, so I said yes. 

When I check my bill, it had not increased by £4 but by £29.63. When I called to question this and explain that the offer had been for £4, I was told that this deal didn't exist and that it was a 'technical glitch'. I was also assured that my Sky Sports would be cancelled and my bill would revert to its normal level. A few weeks on, I'm still receiving access to Sky Sports having spoken to a manager a few days ago to explain the situation. Again, he reassured me that my Sky Sports would be cancelled and bill would revert back to previous levels. 

But here I am today paying for something I don't want. These sales tactics must be bordering on illegal, I've requested the recording of the telephone call offering me Sky Sports for £4 so I can escalate this further - I am sick of Virgin and they're dishonest tactics to get more money out of customers. 

Any thoughts/suggestions welcome. 

Many thanks,

Cruchant

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Illegal sales tactics from Virgin

Hi Cruchant.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of this dispute you have regarding your Virgin Media account. 

I can assure you it's not the usual level of service we aim to offer. I'd like to look into this for you to ensure it's all sorted. I'll go ahead and send you a quick PM as we'll be discussing account security.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos