Menu
Highlighted
Rak1982
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Misold package

Hi,

My contract was due for renewal, so contacted Virgin retention team and the member of staff said that he can do the sky sports package with tv, broadband and telephone the same price as for new customers. Excellent I thought. 

However the next day I noticed sky sports was in SD and not HD. Contacted Virgin again and they said no HD but I could pay extra. Anyway logged as a complaint as I was never advised the sky sports would be in SD.

Two weeks go by and no changes to my channels but getting billed the subscription rate. Called last Saturday and a advisor said that he will try to get the fee waived (if agreed to by his manager) for sky sports HD. Alternatively I could go back to a lower package. He advised either way he would have an answer by Tuesday. 

It is now Friday and I have had no calls from Virgin, or e-mails. And my package is still the same when I first contacted them over three weeks ago.

I called up Virgin just now and the advisor first claimed there were no notes regarding my call last Saturday.  He then claimed there were notes, but couldn't tell me what it said (has he not heard of GDPR). Then said that there were notes regarding my call but only confirmed that it was in relation to reducing my subscription.  Would not go into any further detail. 

He was pretty clueless and said that he wasn't sure as to whether he was allowed to tell me what the notes were on my file.

Gave up in the end and he said that the complaint is still open and they will write to me in due course. And pigs will fly!

Not sure why it is so difficult to get a straight answer from Virgin. 

Has anyone had similar experiences or advise the next steps I can take? 

Thanks 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Misold package

Evening Rak1982,

Thanks for your post, 

I'm sorry to hear of any confusion over the package and agreed pricing.

I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look at your complaint.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rak1982
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex 

I've sent a private message. 

Hopefully you're more helpful than your colleagues. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rak1982
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So after weeks of going back and forth, Virgin have kindly offered to give me one month of free HD, on my sky sports subscription, approx £7 off.

They have told me that they do not have the recording of my telephone call with them. Convenient. 

So I've been misold a package, been billed for something I did not want, approx £74 per month. 

Was informed I would get a decision within a couple of days, and if cannot offer HD for free for the length of contract,  would be put back onto original package at £54.  Was also told I should have received a written decision by now from the complaints team. No reply received. 

Called to chase above decision,  advised that there were no notes on file, which is a lie. Then got told they couldn't tell me what the notes said, even though I had answered security questions. Couldn't tell me how long the complaint would take to resolve. 

Alex from Virgin on here confirmed the notes regarding conversation about reverting back to £54 package, but now tells me they will only offer £7 one off goodwill gesture. 

Really Virgin?! Are you that incompetent and useless? 

I will be going to Ofcom about this as it has been an absolute shambles dealing with Virgin, and caused nothing but grief and headache. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rak1982
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Virgin,

You have admitted that the notes by you confirm my conversation that I would get free HD on sky sports for the full term of the contract. However you will not honour this as YOU cannot find the conversation recordings. 

I get penalised because YOU cannot locate a recording and will not go by the notes YOU put on my profile? 

I was also advised that a manager would look into this. After 5 weeks! The manager said they will review and get back to me by Friday. It is now Saturday and no update. 

I really don't think you can resolve this for me. 5 weeks and still being overcharged and initial query not resolved. 

Confirm deadlock decision. Will look to get my money back for being overcharged and compensation for the incompetence, time wasted, stress, inconvenience experienced with Virgin at every point of contact.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rakesh,

I've responded to your PM.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rak1982
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Complaints managed messaged on Thursday to say I'll get an answer by Friday. 

I have now been told that the manager is off until Monday. Another example of the excellent customer service offered by you.

All the while you are taking money from me for services

@Rak1982 wrote:

Hi,

My contract was due for renewal, so contacted Virgin retention team and the member of staff said that he can do the sky sports package with tv, broadband and telephone the same price as for new customers. Excellent I thought. 

However the next day I noticed sky sports was in SD and not HD. Contacted Virgin again and they said no HD but I could pay extra. Anyway logged as a complaint as I was never advised the sky sports would be in SD.

Two weeks go by and no changes to my channels but getting billed the subscription rate. Called last Saturday and a advisor said that he will try to get the fee waived (if agreed to by his manager) for sky sports HD. Alternatively I could go back to a lower package. He advised either way he would have an answer by Tuesday. 

It is now Friday and I have had no calls from Virgin, or e-mails. And my package is still the same when I first contacted them over three weeks ago.

I called up Virgin just now and the advisor first claimed there were no notes regarding my call last Saturday.  He then claimed there were notes, but couldn't tell me what it said (has he not heard of GDPR). Then said that there were notes regarding my call but only confirmed that it was in relation to reducing my subscription.  Would not go into any further detail. 

He was pretty clueless and said that he wasn't sure as to whether he was allowed to tell me what the notes were on my file.

Gave up in the end and he said that the complaint is still open and they will write to me in due course. And pigs will fly!

Not sure why it is so difficult to get a straight answer from Virgin. 

Has anyone had similar experiences or advise the next steps I can take? 

Thanks 

I did not ask for.

TCF? Don't think so.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My apologies Rakesh

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rak1982
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It is now Tuesday and I have yet to get any kind of response or update to my complaint. 

I was told the manager looking into this was off until Monday, and I would get a response then.

Still waiting. 

Prove me with your deadlock letter and I'll take this up with the ombudsmen. 

Highlighted
Rak1982
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I was messaged by the complaints manager asking what I would like to be done to have my complaint resolved. 

I have been over 7 days since I replied, and I have yet to receive a response.  Why is it so slow for you to reply back to me?

Please be advised that as this issue has been going on for over 8 weeks, this matter will now be taken up with the ombudsmen CISA.

Thanks.