Menu
c0utts
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mis sold package 'Upgrade'

I have recently changed package from Full House (XL) to Maxit TV.

This was described to me as an upgrade and when this went through I received confirmation that, "You've got our Bigger bundle".

This is not an upgrade or a bigger bundle as I have lost the kids channels that I previously had. This has since been offered back to me at an additional £5 per month.

I have raised a formal complaint (COM103996309) and have not had any feedback from the Virgin team at all.

I am trying to exercise my right to revert to my previous contract since I am still within the 14 day cooling off period but getting in touch with the Virgin team is proving to be a nightmare!

0 Kudos
c0utts
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mis sold package 'Upgrade'

UPDATE

OK so due to Corona virus, call centres are closed and no-one is progressing my complaint. Unfortunately, my family is now on a 14 day quarantine and we can't leave the house. 

So my 7 and 3 year old want their cartoons now more than ever. 

I'm going to bite the bullet and pay the extra for them. I think the only way I'm getting out of this 12 month contract now is to write a letter and post it the old fashioned way. 

What annoys me the most is that they will sign you up or let you pay for more instantly but when you are not happy then you get no communication or feedback whatsoever.

Even before the virus the call centre is a joke and this could (and should) have been dealt with nearly 2 weeks ago. 

0 Kudos
c0utts
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE 2

So I sent a snail mail letter requesting to cancel my contract and put me back to what I previously had.

Then VM sent me a letter saying they had been trying to contact me and couldn't get me. We have all been in the house for over three weeks! 

They also said if they didn't hear from me then they would assume I was happy that my complaint had been dealt with and they would close it!! 

So I've tried (again) to get through to the team and can't. Looks like I need to send a second formal letter. 

0 Kudos
c0utts
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE 3!!!

Aaaaaaarggghhhh!

So I got by through. First agent I spoke to couldn't deal with it so she transferred me. 

Second agent tried to sell me the channels at £2 per month. I asked her to cancel the upgrade and revert me back to what I was previously on. (Politely!) 

She said she would transfer me to a manager and when I got through he said I had the wrong department and needed customer services. 

After 38 minutes going round in circles the phone was hung up and all I got was, the other person has cleared! 

0 Kudos
c0utts
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE 4

SUCCESS! 

Virgin sent me a letter today apologising and have offered £20 compensation and have turned on the Kids TV at no further cost to my package.

All it took was a lot of text messages, a lot of waiting on the phone and two letters posted!

Never give up lol.... 

0 Kudos