Menu
JanieJ65
Settling in
Message 21 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manifest

I don't expect Virgin to monitor every issue 24/7 but I would have thought it reasonable to expect an update when they have missed their estimated fix time by over 24 hours. There may be less staff to deal with these problems & while I  sympathise on a personal level with those who are maybe left to pick up the extra work, I pay over £100 a month for Virgin's services & my bill has just increased by £4, so on a corporate level, I don't think a valid update is too much to expect.

derekjs1
Joining in
Message 22 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manifest on demand

All episodes of Manifest appear to be available via Virgin Go, so what is taking so long to make it available via the TIVO box

ibstockpeter
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 43
Flag for a moderator

The really strange thing is that it is being heavily advertised on Virgin as a new exciting series with ALL episodes available immediately .

To make it more difficult there is NO information on service status and on Virgin Community.with makes Customer Service a complete joke.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 24 of 43
Flag for a moderator

@ibstockpeter wrote:

The really strange thing is that it is being heavily advertised on Virgin as a new exciting series with ALL episodes available immediately .

To make it more difficult there is NO information on service status and on Virgin Community.with makes Customer Service a complete joke.

When you say ‘advertised on Virgin’ do you mean advertised on Sky channels on Virgin Media?

I suspect that these are all available to Sky’s own customers but not contractually to Virgin Media customer, unless, of course, you have seen it documented specifically as applied to Virgin Media customers.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Mb123456789
Tuning in
Message 25 of 43
Flag for a moderator

C8085B85-1F9A-41ED-9725-B75622169C45.jpeg

I think he’s in about this where virgin advertise they provide sky on demand? 🤔

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 26 of 43
Flag for a moderator

...so an assumption that all Sky On Demand is equally available to Virgin Media? No mention of Manifest there or about full series being available for current series.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
dmck2019
Tuning in
Message 27 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Overall guys, I personally think it’s not good enough. We all pay for a service and expect that service to work. Would sky subscribers not complain and settle for not being able to view what is and has been a highly anticipated show? I think not!

Would sky subscribers settle for not being told what’s going on, when it will be fixed, or even some sort of estimated timescale ... I think not!

Not good at all Virgin!

ibstockpeter
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 43
Flag for a moderator

I totally agree

Customer Service from Virgin Media is a complete farce.

Since Virgin Media supplies programmes from a whole variety of different media suppliers. It doesn't matter and shouldn't matter whether it is Sky or BBC or someone else. VM are paid a significant amount monthly by me to manage and supply a complete service.

There has been a problem with Manifest on Demand for nearly a week. What has made the problem far worse , is the complete lack of information. It was supposed to be fixed a few days ago , it was not and there no likelihood of it being fixed 

dmck2019
Tuning in
Message 29 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Well said.... no actual response of any substance is just not good enough.

Especially when we all pay enough money and expect to get what we pay for.

Yes there can be issues on occassions,  we know that. But don’t keep us in the dark, because that does make things a whole lot worse. I think almost a week with being no further on is not acceptable.

Are there any VM representatives on this group who are actually willing to ask the question and give us a timescale? 

ferne
Tuning in
Message 30 of 43
Flag for a moderator

When I go to Virgin On Demand it tells me that my subscription covers this programme. But only the pilot episode seems to be available. It was briefly available through the TIVO box and I watched a few episodes but now it is gone. And I hate that they are not dealing with this except through the Community. It is like the blind leading the blind - a pacifier rather than real help.
0 Kudos