Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Major interference on Sports channels

Hi - hoping someone from Virgin can help here.

Unable to get through on the phone or live chat to anyone because of call centres being closed, I'm hoping someone can help here instead.

I have major interference on both Sky Sports and BT Sport channels - basically everything I pay additionally for.  The channels are basically unwatchable because of interference and pixelation with breaks in the picture.

I've reset, restarted, unplugged everything, switched everything, and nothing works.  It seems to be an issue with the Ariel I think.  

Desperately need to get an engineer out to switch everything but cannot get through to anyone at Virgin.  Can anyone help?

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Major interference on Sports channels

Hiya...

Just by means of proving a signal issue, can you try watching ITV2-HD, ITV3-HD, Sky Arts HD, Nat Geo Wild HD or ITV4-HD? Those are broadcast on the same Virgin frequency as a few of the sports channels.

If those are affected, thenm you would be correct to assume this is a signal fault with your incoming cable somewhere - Virgin doesn't use your aerial 😉

Unfortunately, the easy bit stops there. This is predominantly a user community, VM staff do pick up posts but it's currently around a week's delay so you really are best off calling in on the phone lines and being patient. There is a text message service (on 07533 051809) but it's not going to get you an answer immediately.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Major interference on Sports channels

Hi worldofecho

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the delayed reply and the TV picture issues.

I've checked the system and can see you've spoke to the team since posting and received a new TV box. I hope everything is resolved, however let me know if you need further assistance

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos