Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

MTV Subscrption?

I'm getting a notification pop up on both MTV HD (134) and MTV normal (183) channels saying it's free until 7th Feb but then I'll have to subscribe. I'm on the mix package which says MTV (183) is included so why am I seeing this on channel 183? And why is HD no longer included?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: MTV Subscrption?

Those exact same popups are being shown to all customers. I'm on Maxit/Full-House and am seeing the same.

To be fair, it's phrased as "You'll need to subscribe". If the channel is included in your package, then by definition you satisfy that requirement.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Let's hope it is then! Do you know if MTV HD is being removed from the mix package? I've had it since joining last year and haven't been informed otherwise. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is a joke. Already pay £100 per month. Is it goes up every year by £5 per month. Now this. Come on virgin. 

We pay you guys enough already. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I do apologise for any frustration caused by this promotion, it appears there's been some misunderstanding. I'll do my best to clarify everything and put your minds at ease.

The on-screen message shown on your TV reads as follows:

"Special Treat!

MTV/MTV HD is available to all customers at no extra cost from 7th January until 7th February. After this date you will need to subscribe to watch the channel."

During the stated period, the channel is viewable by every single Virgin TV customer, regardless of their subscription level. This is a limited-time perk to give lower tier customers the opportunity to try out channels they didn't previously have access to. There is no charge for this temporary channel addition. Following 7th February, this "special treat" will be removed from any lower TV tiers and customer's will return to their usual subscription access.

If you already had these channels prior to 7th January, there will be no change during or after this "special treat" period.

Thanks,

Rachael