Menu
bigralphie
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lost most channels after retention deal

I am now out of contract and was phoned by Salman from the retention team on the 6th July

He offered to cut the monthly amount to a more competitive figure if I signed back in

I asked him to ensure it would be for exactly the service and he confirms there no changes

On 8th I suddenly lose a 3rd of my channel including Eurosport 1/2 HD just as the motorbike racing is starting back 

I have been notified of a 18 month contract for a lesser package and telling me I can cancel in 14 days to a package I never agreed to 

I rang in to the contact centre but they could not help me so I have had to give notice to leave again

I am really disappointed in the way I been treated I have been a customer for 15 years over 2 addresses I work in telesupport so I know this is not the standard expected 

So I have logged a complaint because of being mislead by Salman in retentions but I think its a bit of a waste of time 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lost most channels after retention deal

It won't help change your issue, but you can check what channels are in each package at Channel guide 

If it's any consolation, Eurosport 1 & 2 are now included in the "Sport Lite" personal pick which is a chargeable add-on to the Mixit package here 

The new package structure does at least mean you don't have to pay for all, say, documentary channels if all you want is the extra "lifestyle" channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

dial the retentions team by going through the standard way you called and then select the Thinking of leaving option. Explain your issue and how you've been mislead, how did you raise your complaint? Call or Online?

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
bigralphie
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks 

I did that but was told there were no notes on my file and price quoted to retain my original package was expensive 

I said I to carry on with the disconnection but was given a new later date even though I had not accepted the new package ,so I asked for a complaint to be opened

So now I have been  quoted 4 different prices for retaining my service 

0 Kudos