Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lost channels

I yesterday subscribed to virgin and have had movies 3 months free, as part of the package, but now they have gone off all of a sudden , and I can't get through to virgin at all , I just get a stupid " press 1 for a link to tips if not thanks for calling . 

Does anyone know what I could do , to solve this .

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost channels

Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say "all of a sudden they have gone"?

I presume you're talking about Sky Cinema, but could you confirm?

And when you they've gone, are you talking about the live TV channels - in which case are you getting any error messages? Or do you mean the video on demand films... in which case, what happens when you try to watch one?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dwarfchimney,

If the channels should still be there then you can try and force a system update.

Using your remote control

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

If you want the channels adding on again or completely removing you could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, sorry and thanks for your reply .

Yes,it's the movies , they are now unavailable and grey on the guide , i also can't watch on demand either .

I only started the 3 months free trial  yesterday when I subscribed .

It states press ok to subscribe when I try to watch live .

• Thanks 
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, the thousand dollar question is whether...

1: They're in your package but your box has lost access to them. newapollo's advice should resolve this.

2: They're not in your package - you'll need to call Virgin C/S to clarify this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I tried updating the channels it hasn't worked , but I will text the number  newappollo kindly provided ,and call in the morning see if I can get through again .

Thanks 

Newappolllo & japitts

0 Kudos