Menu
Hercule
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Loss of sound after pause on v6, also after fast-forward

Loss of sound after fast forwarding a recorded programme.  Also, if pause applied for any length of time sound again is unavailable.  No apparent issue with picture!  Tried adjusting audio but that does not achieve a fix. This is a serious and very frustrating fault.  Has anyone else experienced this and got a fix? Thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of sound after pause on v6, also after fast-forward

Hi Hercule.

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of this happening. Do you have more than one box, if so, is it happening on them all? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Hercule
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thanks for your response.  I do have a second box but rarely record on it.  The fault I have been experiencing relates to the box on which my recording was made (as opposed to viewing a show recorded on my second box).

0 Kudos
Hercule
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sound is lost after fast forwarding a recorded programme also after pausing a live programme.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. Does the sound come back at all?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Joyce04
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi we are experiencing the same thing. Did you ever find out what causes this and is there a fix?
0 Kudos
Hercule
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi.  My tv is linked to a sound bar, V6 box and bluray - all Sony.  I tried everything before a friend suggested linking the sound bar to the tv via an optical cable rather than the HDMI cable - I no longer have problems. If you don't have the facility to make an optical connection it might be worthwhile making sure that any HDMI cables are suitable/recommended for 4K. Previously my cable connecting the soundbar to the tv was ' high speed hdmi cable with ethernet' - it might be that a more efficient hdmi cable would also have solved the problem - however, I'm content with this fix - which is all down to my friend who understands this stuff.  Hope you get it sorted.

0 Kudos
Hercule
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi See my post a few minutes ago. good luck
0 Kudos
Hercule
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi.  My tv is linked to a sound bar, V6 box and bluray - all Sony.  I tried everything before a friend suggested linking the sound bar to the tv via an optical cable rather than the HDMI cable - I no longer have problems. If you don't have the facility to make an optical connection it might be worthwhile making sure that any HDMI cables are suitable/recommended for 4K. Previously my cable connecting the soundbar to the tv was ' high speed hdmi cable with ethernet' - it might be that a more efficient hdmi cable would also have solved the problem - however, I'm content with this fix - which is all down to my friend who understands this stuff.  Hope you get it sorted.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating us Hercule on the optical cable when using a soundbar as it will sure help other members who may have the same problem 🙂

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos