Menu
SWFlats
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Loose Cable Hanging

Could someone provide me with a contact to report cables which have come away from the block and are hanging over widows, etc. 

VM Cables 1.jpgVM Cables 2.jpg

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loose Cable Hanging

The first question is are all those cables virgin media cables which I doubt, you must contact the flat or block owners or your local council if its their property, if a lease property contact the management company responsible for the block.
0 Kudos
SWFlats
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

They're 100% cable TV cables trunked up from the ground, into a rusting cab then cable tied (infrequently) to a catenary wire fixed to the block. Why would the flat owners or local council be responsible for maintaining Virgin Media equipment?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The QUESTION i asked are they all virgins cables, photograph the source of them from the ground and beyond
0 Kudos
SWFlats
Tuning in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The QUESTION I asked was, can I have a contact. I'm not asking for help identifying the cables. I'd appreciate a response from a team based in SW London if possible.

VM Cables 3.jpg 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Because you are posting on a virgin media public forum not an official virgin site, its not up to you to do the work of whoever is responsible for the property to trace all the companies, and its obvious that its more than one from the amount of wiring involved, virgin themselves are not going to take responsibility on here, are you a virgin customer yourself.
0 Kudos
SWFlats
Tuning in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I'm hoping that someone who has had a similar experience might be able to provide a contact as this sight looks pretty common across the London boroughs No, not a customer which makes reporting this to Virgin Media more difficult.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

OK that box on the wall is a satellite provider so sky or freesat so as my earlier post has rightly stated there are more than one provider sky, bt, communal ariel etc, its obvious from the pictures that it's council or lease block so the onus is on them to provide the information who they have allowed to install what looks to me like something that has been there a long time, that's what you are paying your rent or service charges for, I hope its not the latter as no private flats would be allowed to let it get into such a state.G
SWFlats
Tuning in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

We'll leave it there then. Just for info, the brown cables in the picture are connected to the IRS system providing satelitte/freeview services. The black cables connected to the Sarel type cabinet are 100% Virgin Media cables. I've seen this type of install carried out by the cable TV provider at the time (think it was Cable and Wireless in the 90's) on housing estates many times. Looks like I'll have to take this elsewhere as you and I are just going round in circles unfortunately.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks