Menu
DelilahSuzy
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Longer coaxial cables

I want to move my tv to another part of the room but the 2 cables are too short. Where can I buy longer cables?

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Longer coaxial cables

@DelilahSuzy wrote:

I want to move my tv to another part of the room but the 2 cables are too short. Where can I buy longer cables?

Various places EBay , Amazon , Homebase to name a few you can get them ready made connections both ends there will be other who will tell you you should not go down that road but you can and it will save VM hitting you with £99 charge.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Indeed others will always tell you that you should ask VM to do this for a £99 charge. And you know what, if you do it yourself and upset the signal balance level for you and your neighbours on your network segment VM will track down the cause and charge you in full to put it right and that will include compensation for the loss of service that others have suffered. VM may also withdraw all your services because making changes to their network is contrary to the T and C's for your service. And it is a serious breach.  That part of the cabling is the property of VM and not you. So go ahead and do it yourself and risk slightly more than a £99 charge.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

DelilahSuzy
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So I'm just talking about the coaxial cables inside my house going into the back of the Horizon box. I didn't realise that changing these for longer ones could impact my neighbours signal?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

it can. if you inject noise onto the network it will impact everyone on the same box as you. All the green box has is a splitter so you are pretty much on the same cable as everyone else

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

DelilahSuzy
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good to know. Thanks guys.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi that's why it has to be done by virgin also the signal levels may have to be adjusted which can only be done an engineer, unfortunately this is a non fault issue so there is a charge.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We might as well have not bothered. You are in Ireland and while the companies have the same name they operate entirely differently. This Forum is for VM UK customers. Google for VM Ireland support. Who knows what their rules are?  Clue to this the UK does not use the Horizon Box but VM Ireland does.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin Media Ireland support forum:

https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

Use Kudos to say thanks