Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Login details issues and a TiVo remote replacement

Hi,

I need a TiVo remote replacement but need to login to my virgin media account. The issue is that I have forgotten my password for the account so when I go into filling in my details on the "confirm your username" page, I am stuck as it still asks to "enter valid bill details" when I know I've entered all my details correctly.

Calling would have been a lot easier to handle this process but due to covid, I can't seem to reach to anyone so I look forward to a reply here, thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 19.21.48.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Login details issues and a TiVo remote replacement

Hi cong,

You need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

When you phone you will be asked for you password, this is not the account password, but your memorable word password. Usually something along the lines of maiden name, town of birth, first school. If you can't remember then don't enter anything and an agent should pick up and you should be able to answer other questions to confirm you are the account holder,. You can ask them to send out a memorab;e word password reminder through the post.

Hopefully VM staff can pick this up for you to help with your My Virgin Media password, but it may take a few days to a week.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi cong,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to order a new remote.

I have had a look our end and can see you have since spoken to our faults team, have you been able to get a new remote control.

Regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

I managed to contact someone from your faults team and fix my account details but I am still waiting for a new remote. They said it would arrive last Monday so waited all last week and haven't received one yet.

Would be great to know if there is an update on this, thanks!

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Chris,

Now that your login details have been fixed you should be able to log into My Virgin Media,  click on Your Service Status (Check for faults in your area) 

When the page opens scroll down to the three tabs, broadand, TV and phone.  Click on the TV tab, then my remote isn't working and follow the prompts.

You should be able to order a replacement remote from there.

You should also be able to do that by clicking on Check service status further up this page, and following the same process.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos