Menu
Darren121
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Live tv using powerline kit

I've recently installed a powerline kit and connected my 2nd box to it via an ethernet cable. All services work  apart from live TV.  The help videos don't mention that you cannot watch live TV in this way. My question is do I need to have a new socket installed and a coaxial cable hooked up to the box?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live tv using powerline kit

All Virgin Media set top boxes require a co-ax connection. Sounds like you don’t have one so no Live TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Darren121
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I suspected that however 3 separate customer services employees never mentioned this when asking for their advice. They think i have a fault and they've booked an engineer for me to look at it! 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Darren121,

I'm sorry for the issues with your coax connection. Please let me know how things go following the engineer visit and if you need anything else from us.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Darren121
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth

Do you know if the engineer will install if asked or would this need to be pre-arranged?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Darren121,

Yes this is something that the engineer should be able to install when he arrives and wouldn't need to be pre arranged. This would only apply when we need to complete what's called a repull/rebury of the cables on the front of your property where the external cables come in underground and this is a 2 man job. 

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos