Menu
Prunice
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Live TV unwatchable because of pixelation

We have had pixelation problems on live TV for over 2 weeks now.  Have unplugged, checked cables all to no avail.  I am finding it impossible to get through to any help at Virgin Media.  I really do not know what to do.  MyVirginMedia tells me that there are no problems with TV in my area (North London)  Does anyone have any solution?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Live TV unwatchable because of pixelation

Hi I sympathise with your problem, apart from cable not being tight enough, virgins coaxial white cable, this usually means that the signal levels are not correct, phone go down the TV faults route they can check the levels while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to adjust the levels between your box and the street cabinet. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can try calling the status line 0800 5610061, this often lists localised problems down to street level.

But... if it's been over two weeks, I would guess that either only your equipment is affected, or it's only affecting a couple of other customers and they've not reported it either.

As per micky's comments.... VM Forum staff work their way through posts on here, but it can take anything from a few days to a week. So I'd recommend calling faults - 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

The automated system may attempt some fixes, and you then need to redial 10 or so minutes later when those fixes fail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey there @Prunice,

Sorry to hear about the pixelation issue you're experiencing. I've found your details using the information we have on here and can see some input levels across your channels so I've arranged for an engineer visit to take a look. You can find the details via your online account  where you can re-arrange it if necessary and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Prunice
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

This is fantastic news!!!  TV has been unwatchable for over 3 weeks now.  Is there a separate thread for landline phones?  Our virgin phone has not been working since March and I am sick of being put on hold only to have the call expire after 15 minutes.

Many thanks - John Boyer

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Check https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/bd-p/Telephone 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Prunice sorry for the delayed reply here John - checking this now everything appears to have gone well and it's indicated that the engineer was able to fix a landline issues too, so I hope all is sorted now?

If you need any more help please let us know. 

Tom

0 Kudos
Prunice
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All good now.  Fantastic service engineer!!!!!!!

Brilliant!

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Great news, thanks for getting back to us with the update it's much appreciated.

If you encounter any more problems please give us another shout.

Tom