forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
RGJL
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin

Hi all, 

To avoid taking up bandwidth for their vulnerable customers on their 'helpline', I wrote to Virgin 3 months ago giving them 30 days notice under section N of the contract. I got a signature for the letter and disconnected the box and router, cancelled my direct debit (after 30 days) and awaited instructions.  So far they seem to be resolutely unable to acknowledge this (unlike their billing service which is hassling me for payment).  I am following consumer guidelines and writing to them at the address in the contract, their complaints department and now their billing department with a copy of the letter and and proof that it was legally served at the address specified in the contract.  I'm happy to carry on and write to CISAS, Which etc but is there an email address to which they respond?  Thanks.  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin

VM dont believe in email !

You could try calling -- 08.00 midweek, is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through ok at other times. Go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can at least direct you to someone who can help or give you the info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

'VM dont believe in email !'

it has everything to do with not believing in it. having worked for a couple of large companies who introduced an email system, both failed. thousands of emails a day asking multiple questions for different areas of the company, passed between different departments. printouts everywhere. both companies stopped that method after a few months. quite frankly it was worse than a nightmare.

i'm with virgin on that one. with what virgin do and the number of customers they have it is not feasible, practical or sensible to offer a customer email response service. it would be a logistical nightmare.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I agree - its what I said - I think 🙂 But then.. they have for TV, BB, Mobile separate Chat services, Facebook pages, Texting services, Call centers around the world, these fora, etc.etc..... all manned by "real people" which is almost as big a logistical nightmare and expensive too, and arguably equally unpracticable and more frustrating (read.. "offshore" CS there!).

I think huge organisations with ~5m customers are in a "no-win" position on this issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
simcham03
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ive got the same problem. Cant cancel my Virgin Media month by month contract, even though they said that it would be really simple to do when I purchased the contract. I have spent 4 hours on the phone trying to get through to them and left loads of messages on their messaging service. Terrible service.
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

then they told you it would be simple maybe we didn't have a global pandemic 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
RGJL
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

W
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello RGJL,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry you've been having trouble getting through to us about your cancellation. 

Can I ask which postal address you used please? 

My concern is that you've used an older address that is not in use anymore, which would explain why you have not had any correspondence back. Let me know so we can investigate.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos