Menu
Eqsmail
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Large number remote

Hello, could you tell me how I can order a large number remote control for my Dad’s Vivo please? He’s 100 years old and has trouble seeing the tiny numbers. 
thank you 

John Duncan

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Large number remote

Virgin don't have a large button remote, perhaps you can buy a universal remote from Amazon? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi John,

VM have an  Accessibility Remote which might easier for your Dad to use. It's white with black buttons and is designed with partially sighted customers in mind. The buttons are different shapes to differentiate them and have a raised button on the number 5 to best locate the number buttons. 

There are also some changes that you can make to the screen itself to make it easier for him to navigate: If he has difficulty seeing his screen, both the V6 and TiVo has 'audio cues' which can help him find your way around his menus. These are sounds that show actions and reactions to button presses on the remote control.

Info is available on the following page /help/accessibility/virgin-tv 

VM Forum Staff may pick this up for you, however it may take a few days to a week.

You could also  contact Customer Support to request the Accessibility Remote 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of Accessibility Remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

Eqsmail
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Dave;
Cheers
John
0 Kudos