Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

LG TV Do I need 2 remote controls?

Hi!

Just bought an LG 55NANO79 with Magic remote. 

The LG remote does almost everything except change the channels. We need to use the Virgin remote for this. Is there anyway we can go down to 1 remote for everything?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: LG TV Do I need 2 remote controls?

Hi you should be able to programme your virgin remote to control certain aspects of your TV, volume channel change and mute, go into the settings and select programing remote it should give a list of codes for an LG TV. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, but unfortunately it doesn't. After an hours wait I got through to Virgin and apparently this cannot be done. We have to use 2 remotes, there is no way of using the LG Magic Remote with the Tivo box. I'm quite disappointed as I've been told that Sky gives a code to enable their boxes to be used with other remotes. Thanks anyway 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry! Just re-read your answer. We want to use the Magic remote that came with the TV, not the Virgin remote.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again, no problems, it can be done that way round but as you have found out not with a third party remote, i guess its not the end of the world to use two remotes you can still be sitting in your armchair and don't have to leap around. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hello

go to home dashboard then the cog has a green line then down to device connection then set it up in there as a set top box.

ive a lg magic and i use it all the time no need for two remotes also if you use the side display on tv right hand side (menu/home/info)you can use the buttons to move through the days via fast forward from say Thursday to Friday took me a bit of time to work that out.

i hope this helps

0 Kudos