Menu
MickeyDee_1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Issues with virgin

Why is virgin tv so **bleep**t ?? I have had nothing but issues from day one and it’s takes so long to get through to them and staff are rude and don’t help !! 
Every time I ring them they always say oh that was not logged  there is no notes !!! 

0 Kudos
MickeyDee_1
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Leaving virgin

My service has never worked properly from day one I spend my life on the phone to virgin having arguments and now they tell me I can’t leave without a £200 fee !! Erm my service has never worked properly so y should have to pay u to leave ??? I don’t think so 

0 Kudos
MickeyDee_1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV problem VM ref F008403264

I have this all the time and all I can say is virgin staff are not helpful and very rude my TV has done this from day one has never worked right

0 Kudos
John_2_VM
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Japitts & MickyDee_1,

The problem still unresolved with fix estimate still at 20/10/20 10:05am.

The status page states: We're fixing the issue, F008403264 fix estimate 20 Oct 10,05am

loss of all4 app- customers may see a blank screen

get text updates.

That's not exactly informative. Whilst I've had numerous problems typically network, over the years mostly unreported on my part. This is the first time I've seen anything like this even when the network was down as a whole locally. Which took hours rather than days to rectify.

This message was moved with out explanation. Although appears to be the same location: Virgin Media Community Help Forum TV Virgin TV.

The other reply received. Was in the form of the frustration of a fellow customer. So I'm still no wiser.

MickyDee_1, Some hints based on my previous experience which I wouldn't consider as solutions but nothing ventured. I've found that if you phone via a non Virgin Media phone the reply is much more prompt. Rather than the drag over a Virgin Media customer line. As for the staff being unhelpful. I would not argue with that. However I suspect the real reason is that they want to help but are ringed in.

The best way I've found so far is to use the Virgin Media Twitter service. Can be extremely time consuming, (8hour+) but you can take a break 😴. To do something which has become more urgent like work to accumulate money to pay the for ongoing service or simply stop for a meal, for example. Don't forget to explain that you are taking a break & give a time estimate so that the communication is not shut down. Ridiculous but at least some sort of progress is made, good luck.

Just for reference. I had a TV problem recently. I was no wiser after the Virgin Media Technician visited & confirmed there was nothing wrong.Still couldn't watch television. By accident I discovered the cause of the problem was HDCP, Highbandwidth Digital Content Protection. Never heard of it previously. On investigation I discovered HDCP has been in use for some time & if your television is over seven years old approximately. Then it's not compatible. A more modern television is more likely to be compatible but be careful as the network currently. Is evolving faster than the televisions on sale. Virgin Media is not obliged to tell you this.

Like yourself I'm no better informed. So off to the Virgin Media tweet to see if I can improve my understanding. If this is an Area 20 problem surely other customers are having the same problem & I can encourage at least an explanation.

Yours

John_2_VM 😞

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @MickeyDee_1

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for  your post - I was sorry to understand that you've been having some issues with your TV services. Are you able  to advise what issues you are having so we can best assist you with your issue? 

As our user @John_2_VM has advised, the reference number you have provided is for an issue with one of the apps; not an issue with a loss of the TV services as a whole. 

Whilst I have been able to locate your account, we can see that your box is currently on standby as as such we are unable to go through any diagnostic checks this end - please do pop back to the thread when you can with more information on the issues you are having and once you have rebooted the box and have it turned on. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MickeyDee_1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have already been through all this over the phone with virgin and was a WASTE OF TIME AS USUAL. And please get some staff with manners ! Rude and unhelpful 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry that you feel that we've not been helpful thus far @MickeyDee_1

If you can advise what issues you're having then we'll be more than happy to help you out - I'm not able to see that you have chatted with Tech Support or spoken with us directly about any faults with your services and no faults have been logged with us since March where an area issue was booked. 

Please do pop back with some more information on what issues you are having and we'll be happy to help. Your box is still in standby - please do ensure this is switched on so we can take a closer look for you 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos