Menu
tap876
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Interference with antenna TVs

Since the techy installed our Virgin Media oomph package in the sitting room, our Antenna TVs (aerial working for 30 years with a professional/quality installation) have completely stopped working.  I'm going to install some 4g filters and have tried everything else at800.tv suggested (who I have spoken with today) and cannot find the source of the problem. They are sending me some filters to try but this problem only started after the techy installed Virginmedia.  In the morning, before his installation, they still worked and Virginmedia broadband is not supposed to create interference..

Can anyone help, please?  I have been trying to get help from Virginmedia message online but sit waiting for hours and after several hours yesterday, someone said they put me in a queue for technical help but, I still haven't received any assistance and I haven't had any help to resolve this.  I'm still waiting on my tablet and the only response I've had since has been (at 11.14 today, asking "do you still want help" and I replied "yes".).  I do and I'm still waiting at 13.19 today. I also tried emailing the web team but just get a response saying either their inbox is full or they are busy and my email doesn't get delivered.......................

I'm a vulnerable user and yet I still don't get help.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Interference with antenna TVs

Is your aerial still connected?

Some Virgin & Sky contractors have been known to cut cabling they think a customer is no longer using.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

tap876
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying to help.  Yesterday evening someone came on the tablet/message at about 5:40 to say they were there to help and sympathised.  Having sat waiting all day, I didn't look for about 10-15 mins and then they just said to me it was the end of their shift, they were so sorry and understood but they had to go and put me back in the queue at 5.56, heard nothing more up to 10pm when they close again.  I know there are covid difficulties but you would think that by the third day of asking for help I would have got some.

Nevertheless, my husband (in mid 70's with a heart problem and I am not much younger) is going to re-wire in the loft in the hope that it will help.  I had contacted at800.tv and went through their process but it didn't solve it (but they have tried to help) and they have sent me an interference connector as they say we are close to a 4G mast.  We have a labgear amplifier/splitter in the loft which my husband believes already has a filter, nevertheless he has bought a  new one  (arrived today) that definitely has one and he is just waiting for coax weatherproof joiners to arrive in the post so he can have a go at re-wiring.  He already has some more high-gain cable and is going to try today with a cable connector that supposedly splices the coax together but, if all that doesn't work, he will try the connectors we await through the post. 

Yesterday I called an aerial company (the original one we used is closed due to Covid), so husband says he'll do it himself.  I'm not too keen on him doing that as he does have a health condition (and I have RA) but I guess needs must. Because of our age and health conditions, husband is adamant I don't go to a shop to buy them).   

Again, thank you.

0 Kudos
tap876
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

p.s. aerial is connected to TV in the kitchen and the one is the bedroom is connected thru a Humax box.  Both were working before the man came and so it is all very strange. 

He didn't even leave us the proper remote control (the one he left doesn't have all the buttons it should have and he said he had run out of the others) so today I have download the app to my tablet and that is an improvement to using the TV he connected for the sitting room.  

0 Kudos